Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 16

Today is cardio only day, so I went for my 30 minute walk this morning after we went to cast our votes in the presidential election.  Yes, history is in the making, friends.  It's day 16 and that has practically taken an act of Congress to get me motivated!  I consider that history in the making.

My walk this morning was brisk (still in shorts and warm weather).  I noticed that today for the first time, I felt like one of those nerdy speed walkers, but my heart rate barely got up to the 120 zone.  So this tells me that my body is getting used to this daily routine.  It's becoming efficient.  In order for me to continue burning off fat, I'm going to have to raise the bar from here.  Next time, I've got to work harder and/or do something different.  That's exciting.  But at the same time, I'm also thinking, "yuck.  Time to work harder?  I just want to sit back and watch TV."  But here's the thing:  I certainly don't want to look like I've been sitting back TV.  I have to want it badly enough to GO GET IT.  It's not on the couch.  It's not in a magic pill.  It's not in those infomercial "fold up and slide under your bed" exercise machines.  And it's sure not in the bottom of a scoop of Ben & Jerry's free "I Voted" ice cream from 5 - 8pm today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment