Wednesday, July 29, 2009

VEGAS BABY!!!!

How about this - a workout?! Yes, believe it or not, I did work out today after a LOOOOOONG vacation. Lordy, I'm feeling the lard.

Here's the deal - me and my best girl are headed to Vegas over Labor Day. That gives me 5 weeks. It's been a long time since I've had any reason to actually "look great and feel good about myself." Life has pretty much sucked - I have been living with an alcoholic and it's taken a toll on me. Thankfully, I am now living with an alcoholic in recovery and I have found Alanon. It's a support group for family and friends of alcoholics. I've found a lot of peace there.

And much thanks to my BG for asking me if I was up for a vacation! It's just what I needed to get my lazy butt in gear.

So today, I did some Wii workouts for about an hour. It's that time of year when it's too hot to be outside and I cancelled my gym membership and bought a Wii instead. It made sense, since I can't seem to find my way to the gym anymore. What a sad commentary on my life. But Vegas is coming in 5 weeks!

I will be focusing on getting some daily exercise and decreasing my sugar intake - I just love desserts! I have a problem crashing in the evening, so I'll post how the day was later, when it comes to food.

Wish me luck, my Vegas body is 5 weeks away...

No comments:

Post a Comment