Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Action and Reaction

I did go for that walk today.  Yuck.  I hated it.  Why did my HR seem so low, but I could barely breath?  My body burned like fire.  Yes, it was just a walk, not a muscle scorching trip to the gym.

I've been thinking about something I saw on TV about the 3rd (?) law of motion.  For every action, there is a reaction.  I have forgotten that in recent months.  Well, maybe longer than that.  Every move I make with my babies is going to produce some kind of reaction.  They will react to me, or maybe they will react by internalizing what I say and do with them.  I don't want to be the kind of parent that my parents were.  I need to keep that in mind.  "When I say _____, what is my baby's reaction to that?"

Also this applies to me physically.  The action of carrying twins and then having them has a reaction that lasts longer than I realized.

Oh, all this thinking has me tired.  I think I'll go lie down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment