Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Well, Easter was interesting.  It didn't really feel like Easter, but then it never really did to me.

On Saturday, the day before Easter, I spent the day running errands.  It felt so great to get out of the house, but I felt like I wanted to be home with the babies (DT) and DH.  We decided to make our Easter dinner on Saturday evening and eat it then because we knew there was no way we could do it on Sunday.  I was so tired at the end of that day!  It's the most cooking I've done in a very long time!  Since before the babies were born I guess.  We just had some little ham sandwiches with basting sauce - nothing fancy.  But I was exhausted from making just that.  So as we ate at the dinner table, we had already finished feeding DTs theirs.  We let them sit in their high chairs with us at the table.  So we ate our nice Easter dinner with babies howling, whining and babbling.  By this point in the day, Iwas pretty frazzled and thinking to myself, "Are you kidding?!  This is Easter?!"  And a second later I realized, "Yes, this is our new Easter.  This is my new life.  This is it."  And I'm lucky that I have 2 babies.  I can't imagine going through the difficult pregnancy and then delivery and just getting one baby.  That would have sucked a rotten egg.

I love my babies, and it's a new thing for me to practice patience at the end of the day. I love them so much and I wouldn't trade them for the world!  I just need to settle into "mama" and I'll be OK.

Easter day was a church day.  We learned our lesson last week and took the babies in the stroller this time.  That worked very well - note to self!!!  Anyhoo, Easter day was like a normal day except we spent a few minutes before church seeing what the Easter bunny brought.  We didn't make a big deal of it, just 2 tiny felt baskets with a couple of little trinkets for photos.

1 comment:

  1. This is Deana, I finally looked up your blog. I will follow, and I miss you. Was reading some, and now I get why we got along so well. Just know, I have no kids, and I can bearelly make it through the day sometimes. You are never alone. I have to work on staying in touch with the people I care about more...

    ReplyDelete