Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Seasons

I mowed the grass yesterday (gasp!).  I was talking to my neighbor for the first time in months.  I always thought she was a little bit crazy, but maybe she's not.  She said something that I've been turning over in my mind.  We were talking about the struggles to bring up newborn babies and how our yards and landscaping reflect what's going on inside our homes.  She said, "Well, we all have our seasons."


A-HA!  Brilliant!  Yes, now I do see that my life has been a succession of seasons, and never in the order of nature.  I had my spring season when I was in tip-top physical condition (Xena Warrior Princess kickboxing instructor), and now I'm having a little winter. Well, maybe right in the dead of winter.  Trying to pull myself out physically, but limited by the reality that is my new life.  


But am I limited?  Maybe I should think about it differently.  I'm not limited, but rather I have different priorities right now than the size of my ass.  And that crappy extra skin & fat in the "spare tire" region from pregnancy and the inability to stop eating for 3.  Oh, I digress.


OK, I'll say this out loud:  we'll be celebrating our first whole year as parents in late June. I'd like to have a goal of some figure improvements by then.  Like shrinking of backside, elimination of fat.  I want to improve myself for my babies' first birthday.  I need to draw up a map.  How many weeks?  Establish a cheat day (or 2) a week?  Make a meal plan?  When it's too windy to walk (most days now), what's plan B?  OK, time to get to work...


Please feel free to post comments, thoughts, advice, encouragement, humorous insults, whatever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment