Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Aftermath

Today's food:

coffee, Fiber 1

lunch - small pc leftover quiche, asparagus

apple & peanut butter

balonie spaghetti (whole wheat linguini) and 3 small slices of garlic butter bread (peppridge farm in the frozen section of the store). Yes, that right, balonie from the deli couter, like the sandwich kind. I cube it, cook in skillet, then simmer in spaghetti sauce with veggies from the garden.

AND THE CAKE! OMG!! Delicious! This is the greatest thing! Or maybe I've been looking forward to it and knew it would be the bomb. Wow - if anyone wants the recipe, I'll share! Pecans, coconut, chocolate, cream cheese...heaven!

I'm winding down from the little fit I threw starting yesterday. I think I have bouts of paranoia. WTH?

Tomorrow I look forward to an Alanon meeting and a visit with my Sponsor. I think that my Sponsor probably understands the craziness in my head a little bit. Maybe I'll learn something that will help me to calm the wild beast that is me. I hope and pray! I'm learning how to be willing to let go a little bit more. And to STOP judging. Baby steps, right?

Oh, I read a quote in one of my Alanon books today and it was JUST what I needed:

"No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched." -George Jean Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment