Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunday


Food, OK, here we go:

Fruit & nut bar, coffee, cereal

Another bar

Krab & cucumber filled sushi

Protein fruit shake

Orange Roughy with Avacado Aioli (home cooking by by the husband in today's pic)
Steamed zucchini
Sweet potato (with butter buds, splenda/sugar & pecans)

Peach pie & ice cream

OK, OK I know, it's not supposed to be a cheat day, so what's up with the pie and ice cream?? I ended up mowing the lawn yesterday in the hot, hot heat index of Texas, and let me tell you, I burned 4 gazillion callories, so I treated myself! :) Plus, it turned out to be a Wii marathon yesterday with the Sports Resort (swordfighting, basketball hoops, archery, etc).

I will say this: I was disappointed as I mowed the grass. My arms feel weaker than I'm comfortable with and I pushed that silly mower with every ounce of energy I could muster up! I can certainly tell that I'm nowhere near the top of my game these days. When we lived in Tennessee, we had a huge yard and it was entirely on a sloped hill. I remember coming home from the gym from a hard workout and mowing the grass while I was still in my sweaty clothes and feeling "a nice stretch and winding down from my workout." Yesterday's mowing WAS my workout.

Now, some might say that they're happy being overweight and out of shape, everything's just fine, thank you very much. Yee-haw for them. For myself, it's different. I've been fat and I got better, and I'll say it again: "Life looks a damn sight better when I'm fit, svelte & in control of my food choices." Right now, I can do better and I can look better, so this is why I'm working so hard.

Tomorrow's a big day of running errands, so I got to bed at 10pm. Ooo, I'm gonna be sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment