Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 3


TODAY'S AFFIRMATION:  "Without discipline, there is no life at all."  -Katherine Hepburn

I did it today for myself.

I walked for 35 minutes around the neighborhood.  I was not feeling it.  When I woke up this morning, I thought, "Oh, jeez, I don't want to do this."  But I turned off my brain, ate my oatmeal, laced up my shoes and did it.  If I had allowed myself to think about it, I would have talked myself out of it!

I simply "mosey-ed" today.  I did not get my heart excited.  I was strong like a snail.  I didn't push myself, I didn't work hard, I didn't focus on the task at hand, and I certainly was not aware of my surroundings.  I just did it.

I've just finished a pitiful attempt at some strenth/resistance training.  Oh, boy, it was laughable.  I did basically the same thing I did Monday, but I did the half-ass version.  Here's what I did:

Quads:  Wall ball squat, same as Monday.
Back:  Fit ball extention, 2 sets of 10. Different 'cause my upper back is super tender today.
Chest:  Butterfly on the FB (fitball), 2 sets of 15 reps.
Gluts/Hamstring:  same as Monday
Delt(shoulder): same as Monday
Biceps:  DB curls, 2 sets of 15 reps
Triceps:  DB overhead extension, 2 sets of 15 reps
Abs:  same as Monday, but 15 reps instead of 12.  Well, well.  Overzealous today, aren't we?

Yep, not feeling it.  Just doing it.  Just knowing that I have to answer to the blog is enough to shame me into it today.  I know that I have to create the habit, and I'm out of my comfort zone. Have you seen those t-shirts that read, "Pain is weakness leaving the body?"  I'm telling myself that.  Today's pain was not in the actual exercise, but rather in the will to do it.  It took every ounce of effort to NOT talk myself out of this today.  Bleh.  

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Carmen!! Even being a "strong Snail" is better that being a fat, lazy slug!!! Don't give up!! You did it before and you can do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carm:
    You ROCK! Even when days are bleakest! You are Your Own Foundation and only you can start with one rock and build another...each day you'll get stronger...Denise

    ReplyDelete