Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 8

I took yesterday off. I did go for about a 17 minute walk in the evening, though. I needed to blow off some steam.

Today, my routine is off (argh!). I had an appointment this morning with a counselor. Here it is noon, and I'm not motivated to go for a walk. I'm wound up and need to expel some energy, but not sure what I'm in the mood to do about it. Walking will be helpful and maybe even some resistance training. I'm in the red zone, about to talk myself out of it.

"The writer wants to be understood much more than he wants to be respected or praised or even loved. And that, perhaps, is what makes him different from others." -Leo C. Rosten

I hope I can provide a window for you to see into my mind and understand that this process I am going through is fraught with "baggage." No person should ever be alone (unless that is what they chose). Good friends are hard to find. And I'm glad you're here with me - thank you. I trust that you can experience this journey with me and maybe relate to some of the obstacles I encounter. I know you will not judge me and I trust that you will love me for who I am.

We all have problems. One of my friends is separated from her husband. Another has recently lost a dear family member. One friend is trying to overcome her abusive childhood and learn to live peacefully. All people make choices based on events happening (or happened) in their lives, and sometime just getting out of bed is a struggle. Our health, mental pain and negative people in our lives can limit what we believe we are capable of. As said by Amanda, "Keep on truckin!'"

"If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won't, you most assuredly won't. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad." -Denis Waitley

Steph, you can do it. I believe in you.

I should go for that walk now...

No comments:

Post a Comment