Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 9.2

Here's today's weight training report:

Same routine as before.  I'm still doing these things with the weights at home.  Hooray - today I added an extra set to everything today!  I've been doing 2 sets of most exercises, so I bumped it up to 3 sets today.  I added some weight to the tricep extensions as well.  I couldn't bear the thought of that "puke" feeling again, so why not make it a "work harder" feeling?  Jackpot.  It worked.

Today, the routine was *slightly* easier.  Next time, I might add some weight or something different.  I'm listening to what my muscles are telling me.  "We need a little more now, time to kick it up a notch."

It felt good today.  I didn't feel weak.  I felt the strength flowing through me today for the first time.  Hello Xena!  How nice to feel like you again.  

There is something called "muscle memory."  It's very real:  I studied it with great interest when I was preparing for my personal trainer's proficiency exam.  When muscles start to feel something they've felt before (strength & familiar movements), it's easier for them to get back to their previous abilities.  It's different this time around for me because I've been through this process once before.  And I'm glad to be returning!

"You can never step into the same river twice; for new waters are always flowing onto you."  -Heraclitus

No comments:

Post a Comment