Monday, October 20, 2008

Evening Cardio

Word of the evening: resilience.

I went for another half-hour walk this evening. The sunset was beautiful! There's a windmill at the park across the street from our house, so looking out to the orange horizon with the windmill spinning made me feel all western. And little boys: all the little suckers were out on the grass for pee-wee football practice.

The doggie went along tonight, so it was not as intense as this morning's Bataan March. It was pretty warm so I did get a little dewey. I don't know how many calories I burned since I wasn't wearing my handy-dandy heart rate monitor, but I like to think it was another centimeter off my thunder thighs. :) I did focus on squeezing my gluts with every step. I'll be a little sore tomorrow (at least I hope).

You know how you get one thought going in your head when you walk by yourself? Then, by the time you get back around to the house, you realize you've been thinking about that one thing during the whole walk? I do that a lot.

Tonight's walk was in memory of the sister of a dear friend. She passed recently and I prayed for their family during this walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment