Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 4

"The question isn't, 'Are you in motion?'  The question is, 'Why?'"

I think I actually caught a slight glimpse of Xena in the mirror this morning.  Or was I dreaming?

Today is a cardio-only day.  I just got back from a 30 minute walk with the doggie.  I'm feeling pretty good.

At the mere mention of a "walkie," the dog starts doing circles, hopping around, barking and gurgling.  She's always excited to get out there and GO!  Why can't I be like that?

I did not dread the exercise today, I actually looked forward to it.  The thought of melting another millimeter off my thunder thighs was exhillerating.  I can start to see through the pain.  I feel mentally stronger today (certainly not physically).  That is enough motivation to get me through the rest of today.

I could easily lift some weights today, but I'll save it for tomorrow.  Today, I pln on some manual labor housework.  And tomorrow, I anticipate a mentally challenging day, so I'll save the really tiring activities for then.

Hallelujah, it's day 4 and I'm still here.  Are you?  I'm hanging on, but it's not been easy.  Yea for me!  Every night I went to bed knowing that I did something to get myself back to where I want to be.  I am in motion because I am tired of missing Xena.  Dang it, I will be Xena! 

No comments:

Post a Comment